Why buy from SSP?
- Some of the UK's lowest online prices
- Free delivery on orders over £75+VAT
- Secure 256 bit encrypted payment gateway
- 96% of orders dispatched within 24hrs
Breaking Lines Permit To Work Self Duplicating Forms
These popular Breaking Lines Permits to Work are designed to ensure Contractors comply with the Company's health policy and all relevant Health and Safety Legislation. They also help businesses determine whether a contractor has Public and Employee Liability Insurance, and can provide a Method Statement on request.
Each Permit is made up of an original top copy and two duplicate sheets. The back copy is made of card. On the reverse of this is a temporary warning sign should the contractor be required to display this while on site.
In recent times, permits to work have become a cornerstone of the SSP business. Over the years we have developed something over ten different permits to work. These are standard products that are available in packs of ten, 25s and 100s. Each standard permit is printed on self-duplicating A4 paper, featuring a top copy and two duplicating lower copies. This gives enough copies - one for the contractor, one for the responsible person on site and one for the office. Importantly, this gives that organisation (our customer) proof that the proper procedures have been followed.
Uniquely, our standard permits to work also feature a warning sign on the rear. This is so the contractor can place this in a conspicuous area whilst he or she undertakes the work in hand.
Another important feature of our standard permits to work are that each one is uniquely numbered, helping you create an audit trail of all contractors to your site.
Each of our standard permits starts out by stating the following:
• Only the work specified and agreed should be carried out
• Work area should be left in a safe and tidy condition at all times
• Work should be done in line with all relevant Health and Safety legislation and the company’s own Health and Safety guidelines
• Copies of current Public and Employees’ Liability Insurance and a Method Statement should be provided on request
Before any assessment is undertaken, the permit asks the responsible person to complete the following:
• Give a list of equipment, tools and PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) required to complete job:
• Who could be affected by this work:
• Job Details:
• Location of work:
• List known hazards at this location:
In all cases the permit asks how many people are undertaking the work and, if it is just one, it asks the question is it safe to work alone?
In addition to all the standard text stated above, SSP permits pose a number of critical questions that must be addressed before work can commence. These include:
1. Have the lines been purged?
2. Are there means of sounding the fire alarm to hand?
3. Are all tools and equipment safe and suitable for the job?
4. Are all warning signs visible?
5. Is a means of mobile communication available and in place?
6. Are all shut-off valves locked off in a position from the area of the break?
7. Are blanking plates secured downstream of the shut-off valve (but upstream of the break point) when lines are under pressure or contain toxins?
8. Are all protective ducting, shielding or covers in place?
9. If flammable gases or vapours are anticipated at the work point, are atmosphere conditions within acceptable limits?
Once all of the permit is complete there are two sign-offs required; one by the person in charge and one by the person authorising the work. The text accompanying each sign off is as follows:
PERSON IN CHARGE: “I confirm that I have verified the job detailed on this form and ensured that all necessary precautions have been taken. The work will be undertaken in a safe manner. All risks and precautionary measures have been explained to all workers involved. I accept responsibility for carrying out this work.”
PERSON AUTHORISING WORK: “This permit will be issued on the understanding that all agreed safe systems of work will be adhered to and that any risk or hazard shall be maintained at a level as low as is reasonably practicable.”
The person authorising the work is also required to state when the permit is valid from and valid to.
Once complete, at the hand back, the permit then asks both the person in charge and the person authorising the work the following:
PERSON IN CHARGE: “I confirm that the work is COMPLETE / PARTIALLY COMPLETE” (delete as appropriate).
“I have checked the work and confirm the work area is left in a safe and tidy condition.”
PERSON AUTHORISING WORK: “I have inspected the work. I confirm that it is COMPLETE / PARTIALLY COMPLETE (delete as appropriate) and that the work area is left in a safe and tidy condition.”
Finally, at the end of each permit there is a tick box asking if all the services have been restored.
Why buy from SSP?
At SSP Print Factory we put the customer right at the heart of everything we do. Customer satisfaction is vital to us...
...this is not because we have a selfless desire to do good deeds for no reward. We are just wise enough know that if we are to continue to grow and maintain our positive online reputation, we must offer the best possible products at the most competitive prices. What’s more we must deliver when we say we are going to deliver. Finally, if there is a problem, we must fix it without argument or delay.
As a company we have been supplying signs, visitor passes and printed material for over ten years. With a wealth of printing experience and a strong background in fire, security and safety, we really understand how our products are used and why they are required. This means we can offer advice and guidance at every possible turn; on everything from legislation and British Standards through to recommending the best material for the job.
Established in 1999, our team boasts over 50 years of print, security and safety experience between us. This experience really counts when it comes to printing, manufacturing and sourcing our extensive product range - with the savings we make being directly passed on to you at some of the UK's lowest online prices.